Tuesday, April 15, 2008

2 Cups of Heaven a Day

I love coffee!

I struggle through work before my first cup of 1 large cappuccino (no sugar-real coffee drinkers have no sugar) from my favourite deli, "Food I Love" at Mc Mahons point.

I refuse to buy the coffee at the over priced restaurant next door but would rather cross the street and walk a few more steps to the deli. I have politely declined offers of a coffee from colleagues because I know they would buy next door. Call me a coffee snob but I consider it a sacrilege to knowingly drink bad coffee. Fool me once shame you, fool me again... you know how it goes.

The first cup will last me until the early afternoon and then I will need another hit around 3 pm. This completes my daily coffee cycle. 2 cups of heaven a day. Sometimes I feel like I go to work just to have my coffee fix.

If a company needed a way to keep employees loyal and motivated, keep the office near a good cafe.

Coffee is not just for weekdays. I enjoy my cup of coffee on Saturday and Sunday mornings courtesy of my Sunbeam, $100, k-mart return. I get my beans from many sources, Food I love, Campos, Toby's Estate or Cups n' Coffee. It takes 5-10 mins preparation then 20 minutes cleaning. 30 minutes of labour for 1 cup of coffee!!! Have to move next door to a good cafe. Weekends - at least 1 cup of coffee unless I am near a cafe.

Coffee, where would we be without you? In bed, I would say....

No comments: